GFOA is advised by standing committees in seven areas of government finance. Active throughout the year, the committees are key links between the changes happening in the finance offices of members and the services the association provides to help finance officers successfully manage those changes. The committees give direction for GFOA’s services by formulating new policies and raising professional standards via best practices.
Committee appointments are made by the GFOA president. Committee members serve a specified term, not to exceed three years according to the Standing Committee Policies and Procedures.
The application process for appointment begins in July/August each year. Applications will be made available through the GFOA website.
GFOA Standing Committees:
- Committee on Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (CAAFR)
- Committee on Governmental Budgeting and Fiscal Policy (BUDGET)
- Committee on Canadian Issues (CCI)
- Committee on Governmental Debt Management (DEBT)
- Committee on Economic Development and Capital Planning (CEDCP)
- Committee on Retirement and Benefits Administration (CORBA)
- Committee on Treasury and Investment Management (TIM)
GFOA also facilitates three networking groups that meet periodically throughout the year. Meetings are open to all GFOA members.