NOTE: All scholarships allotted to applicants from the states of Missouri, Illinois, and California have been awarded at this time. Applicants from all other states and provinces are still welcome to apply.
If you are a GFOA member who has never had the opportunity to attend our Annual Conference, you will soon receive a letter from our Executive Director, Chris Morrill, inviting you to apply for the First-Time Annual Conference Scholarship program. We hope you will be able to join us in St. Louis in 2018!
GFOA strives to provide leadership to the government finance profession through education, research, and best practices. Nowhere are these efforts more apparent than at our Annual Conference. GFOA awards 50 scholarships per state or province to first-time annual conference attendees who are GFOA active government members. We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
First-time scholarship attendees also have the opportunity to participate in GFOA's annual conference mentorship program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Must be an active government member of the GFOA of the United States and Canada (state and provincial association membership is separate and does not qualify you for this scholarship).
- Must not have attended a GFOA of the United States and Canada Annual Conference previously, including one-day past participation. Attendance at GFOA's national training seminars or state/provincial association conferences does not impact your eligibility.
- Does not include substitutions - you may not use the membership of a colleague to apply.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
- Complete the application and E-mail it to GFOA. If you have any questions, please contact First Annual Conference.
How many scholarships are awarded?
- Fifty scholarships will be awarded per state or province in the order of which they are received.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The scholarship waives the conference registration fee. All scholarship recipients are still resposible for their travel and lodging. The scholarship does not cover any of the pre-conference seminars hosted in the days leading up to the conference.
We look forward to meeting you in St. Louis!