Welcome Reception - The Franklin Institute
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm - Sunday, May 31, 2015
Philadelphia's #1 attended museum. As a GFOA conference attendee, we invite you to experience one of Philadelphia’s top tourist attractions in an exclusive after hours event. Founded in honor of America’s first scientist, Benjamin Franklin, The Franklin Institute is one of America’s oldest and premier centers of science education. While the museum will remain closed to the general public, GFOA conference attendees and their guests will receive complimentary general admission to the museum and access to the many interactive exhibitions including:
- Your Brain - an 18 foot tall web of firing neurons
- The Giant Heart - a 2 story tall Giant Heart
- Sports Challenge - learn the physics, biomechanics, and material science of your favorite sports
- Franklin Air Show - feel the force for flight and prepare for takeoff
Light refreshments featuring a “Taste of Philly” and beverages will be served prior to your evening dinner plans.
Shuttle service will be provided for guests staying in GFOA’s official hotel block.
Closing Event - Pennsylvania Convention Center
- 7:00 - 10:30 pm - Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Come join us for a night of food, fun, and entertainment! After several days of energetic sessions and invigorating discussions, we invite you to relax and enjoy the evening before heading back to your hometown. The GFOA is putting together an event full of good food and lively music to top off your conference experience. Keep watch on GFOA’s website for the special musical guest to be announced.
The Pennsylvania Convention Center is within walking distance or a short shuttle ride provided from hotels within GFOA’s official housing block.
Ticket price includes buffet dinner, beverages, and entertainment.
- Adults - $40 in advance ($50 after May 29, 2015)
- Chidren (under 18) - $15 in advance ($20 after May 29, 2015)
- Children (under 5) - complimentary