This leadership position provides expert guidance on the impact of accounting issues on the College. The focus of this job is on the strategic implications of business decisions. The Comptroller must understand how decisions will translate in current as well as future financial statements and overall financial health. The Comptroller must communicate impacts to higher levels with suggested course of action reports that include scenario planning. The Comptroller is responsible for the interpretation and application of campus accounting policies and procedures in accordance with federal, state, and college regulations. The Comptroller works with managers in the areas of general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, travel, and other areas. The Comptroller is the principal audit liaison for all internal and external audit activity on campus, including preparation of campus annual and interim financial statements with the system office and external auditors.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in interpreting and articulating a variety of regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Ability to effectively articulate NACUBO and GASB guidelines.
- Have an excellent skill set with regard to financial analysis coupled with the ability to understand the relationship of detailed data to big picture, strategic thinking;
- Possess excellent strategic planning ability and creativity in thinking through long range solutions;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Possess the ability to analyze systems and processes in order to maximize operating efficiency and improve customer service while maintaining compliance with established policies;
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships throughout the College community among administration, faculty, and staff;
- Experience working collaboratively and promoting customer service.
Massasoit Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
To view full details and to apply, please visit: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pcxhmf9