4-Day Work Week Available in Beautiful Denver, Colorado!
Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO – a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 1.8 million people in the Denver Metro area.
Manages the District's Internal Auditing Quality Assurance and Improvement Program. Works under the general direction of the Director of Administrative Services. Typical Duties:
- Manages the District's Internal Auditing Quality Assurance and Improvement Program in compliance with professional standards and conducts regular Quality Assessment Reviews to continuously monitor the Program's effectiveness
- Identifies and prioritizes internal audits on a risk-based approach and to ensure the efficient use of resources. Determines areas to be audited and the timing and frequency of audits.
- Conducts operational, compliance, and financial audits of varying complexity and size to verify conformance with standards, policies, and procedures and to review the accuracy, timeliness, and relevance of records. Develops recommendations to improve the District's effectiveness and efficiency and to adjust to changing requirements by management. Monitors management responses and implementation of agreed upon recommendations.
- Coordinates internal audit activities with external auditors to ensure each party is aware of the other's work. Participates in the selection of external auditors and in the opening, progress, and closing meetings of external audits.
- Reviews District policies, procedures, and programs and identifies potential areas for internal audits in order to analyze and evaluate their adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Conducts meetings and facilitates discussions with District staff and management, as appropriate, concerning internal audits.
- Prepares and presents reports relating to internal audits or other assignments to District management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintains the Internal Auditing Quality Assurance and Improvement Program policy and procedures manuals.
- Independently assess the attainment of the annual Departmental Goals.
- Participates in Financial assignments as appropriate, such as independently verify the accuracy of the Cash Flows, job grades, and wage increases.
- Performs research and analysis on various special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting. Eight years of progressively responsible experience in auditing. Thorough knowledge of audit procedures including planning, program development, audit techniques and practices, and quality assurance. Demonstrated ability to analyze operational and financial procedures. Demonstrated ability to independently research and analyze various topics and effectively present findings and recommendations. Experience in developing computerized applications including databases and spreadsheets. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and upper management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Qualifications Master's degree in finance or accounting, CPA certification, or CIA certification. Previous enterprise fund accounting experience. Previous experience in internal auditing.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS package includes comprehensive health/dental/vision/life/LTD/AD&D insurances, defined contribution retirement plan, optional deferred compensation program, and reimbursed health/fitness & educational assistance programs.
TO APPLY – TO APPLY – Visit www.metrowastewater.com An Equal Opportunity Employer-Non Smoking and Fragrance-Free Facility-Drug Screen & Background Check Required of Finalists