The City & County of SF's Office of the Treasurer & Tax Collector (http://www.sftreasurer.org) is seeking and EXPERIENCED TREASURY PROFESSIONAL to join our Banking Services & Treasury Accounting team.
The TREASURY SERVICES CONSULTANT will be the primary liaison for banking and cash management services for designated City & County of San Francisco departments. This position will be integral in building and expanding enterprise-wide banking and treasury services. This principal level position will report to the Director of Treasury services.
Essential Functions: • CASH MANAGEMENT AND CASH HANDLING CONSULTING WITH DEPARTMENTS: Provides banking-related cash management and cash handling advisory services to designated CCSF departments in a consulting model format: prepares and presents scheduled department reviews covering current banking services and fees, bank account rationalization; analyzes and identifies potential fee reductions, discuss challenges and issues regarding departmental working capital and cash management, including accounts payable and accounts receivable; provides guidance and support for the effective receipt of revenues, payment of obligations, internal controls, processing, reconciliation, reporting, and cash handling efficiencies; understands department priorities and recommends solutions, process improvement and risk mitigation opportunities and industry/departmental best practices and trends; serves as the main point of contact, and builds and enhances relationships with departments as a trusted advisor; assists departments with implementations of new services and banking products.
• STRATEGIZING POLICIES, PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS: Collaborates with Treasury Services Director, banking institution partners and stakeholders to strategize and optimize enterprise-wide treasury services; participates in determining preferred state of treasury and cash management by analyzing and evaluating current policies and procedures, identify performance indicators and staff training to achieve the preferred state in compliance with industry policies and regulations.
• PROVIDING TRAINING: Designs and delivers treasury training/knowledge to share to departments and new employees; educate the departments’ treasury personnel on cash management procedures, new bank products, fraud prevention tools, and banking and credit card systems portals.
• MONITORING & AUDITING RESULTS: Develops annual planning calendar and department reviews (annually, semiannually); prepares customized agenda for each department review and regular status reports for management, including quarterly status report to show accomplishments (prior 90 days), upcoming activities (next 90 days), and challenges/items for consideration; prepares scorecard with Treasury Services key performance indicator (KPI) results to measure effectiveness in achieving goals and success.
• MANAGING THE RFP PROCESS: Manages the centralized Request for Proposal (RFP) process for all banking products and services including negotiations, contract management and implementation.
• SPECIAL PROJECTS: Performs special projects and financial analysis, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (truncated)*: Bachelor's or graduate degree AND four (4) to six (6 ) years professional-level analytical experience that must include four (4) years work experience in finance, banking, treasury operations and cash management or related field. Number of years of experience depends on type of degree attained.
Go to the full job posting for the complete description of Minimum