Bring your big picture view and accounting/ financial management experience to this unique career growth opportunity! Eau Claire County has an immediate opening for a Finance Director to lead and transform the Finance Department, reporting directly to the County Administrator.
In this strategic role, you will have primary responsibility over the finance function for the County and will focus on creating an innovative finance department positioned for long-term financial sustainability. You will develop collaborative working partnerships with the other department heads and members of the finance and budget committee.
This is a dynamic role in which you will lead a small team of finance and accounting staff; including payroll, AP and AR. The Finance Director will interface with the County Board to develop long-range financial planning and present audit and quarterly financial reports.
- Design, implement, and maintain countywide accounting and reporting systems, financial policies, operating procedures, internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Ensure compliance to Government Accounting Standards Board(GASB), GAAP, and other regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance to the County Board, County officials, County
- Administrator and employees regarding financial matters for Eau Claire County
- Oversee, prepare, and execute the annual County budget
- Coordinate and support procedures of County, State and independent auditors
- Develop Finance Committee agenda and present materials to the Committee on a monthly basis
- Perform statutory duties of a County Auditor
- Oversee and provide direction on the County’s investments and debt; including analysis of debt structure and future financing options
- Participate in the collective bargaining process
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of accounting and financial management experience
- Proficiency in GAAP
- Project and change management experience
- Complex financial analysis experience