About the Cook County Pension Fund – We provide retirement, survivor, retiree health and disability benefits to employees and retirees of Cook County and its Forest Preserve District. We strive ourselves in providing great service to our members and offer a professional work environment where our employees have development opportunities to grow and learn. Please connect to learn more about us at cookcountypension.com.
The Cook County Pension Fund seeks an experienced Comptroller responsible for all areas of accounting and financial reporting of the two related pension funds. The primary focus of this role is to perform and supervise routine accounting tasks, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, recording activity in general ledger system, monthly and year end close activities as well as budgeting. Must have a strong grasp of employee benefit funds, pension fund accounting and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monthly and year end accounting close; including recording investment activity from custodian, bank reconciliations, general ledger posting, budget to actual reports, cash flow reports, producing financial statements and various Board reports.
- Coordinate annual audit engagement with external auditor, provide necessary documentation and assist with financial statement preparation.
- Familiarity with working with outside actuaries and reporting requirements of a public pension fund
- Balance monthly and annual pension benefit payments, including disability and refund payments, for Form 1099R and 945 tax reporting.
- Prepare Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR) for both funds.
- Calculate, record and reconcile employer contributions from tax levy.
- Record and reconcile employee contributions.
- Supervise Fund Accountant’s activities including review of Fund employee payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, member deposits, general ledger posting and investment manager fee payments.
- Supervise monthly benefit payment process and annual 1099R process.
- Monitor cash activity, review and approve wire transfers.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget and budgetary reports for the board
- Assist actuary with data requests in conjunction with annual valuations.
- Review and reconcile postemployment healthcare benefit payments to providers.
- Review and reconcile Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) Subsidy receipts.
- Complete various governmental agency reporting, including annual Department of Insurance filings.
- Assist Health Benefit Department with various financial analysis and data requests.
This position may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and other related duties as assigne
All applications should be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.