Under general supervision of the Financial Services Supervisor, perform responsible utility accounting and related work involving financial planning; revisions to general accounting procedures; coordination with various Alameda Municipal Power divisions with regard to accounting and finance work; review of detailed accounting procedures and recommendations for the improvement thereof; supervise accounting staff in daily operations of section including scheduling work flow and setting priorities; and perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Supervises daily activities of Utility Accountants and Senior Account Clerks.
2. Prepares reports, letters and other correspondence.
3. Audits accounting information on Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
4. Manages payroll preparation and distribution to accounts.
5. Analyzes general ledger accounts and researches nature of charges.
6. Prepares, reviews, and approves journal entries.
7. Maintains depreciation, investment and other special journals.
8. Conducts special assignments in support of the Board’s goals and initiatives.
9. Audits sales information and other accounts receivable.
- Reviews and analyzes project cost reports to determine recommended actions for improvement of financial performance.
- Performs general account analysis, reconciliation and review.
Any combination equivalent to education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Graduation from an accredited college with a degree in accounting, and five (5) years of full time employment involving the review and maintenance of complex accounting records, preferably related to the utility business.