The Internal Audit Division of the Auditor-Controller’s Office seeks an Audit Supervisor to be a service to County Administration and the County’s 25 decentralized departments. Under the guidance of the Internal Audit Chief, the Audit Supervisor will lead the functional operations for the Internal Audit Division. In addition to technical competence and professional internal audit experience, we are seeking qualified candidates who strive to develop a customer service culture built on collaboration and partnership, oversee a staff of entry level and experienced audit professionals, exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate political savvy, and have the capacity to assist with building up our internal audit division. This is a great opportunity for an experienced audit professional who is a results-oriented, career-focused, engaging leader, with a desire to effect positive change across an organization.
For more information please see the recruitment announcement: https://wbrowncreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WBCP-SBC-Audit-Supervisor-R7-Final.pdf
Public sector agencies are looking for ways to address financial issues our nation is facing. One of the initiatives that the County of Santa Barbara has undertaken is “Renew 22.” This project will look at opportunities to reduce redundancy, improve efficiencies and identify better ways to use information technology to cut costs, without reducing services; the Internal Audit Division will participate in this effort over the next 5 years.
The Audit Supervisor reports directly to the Internal Audit Chief, and has supervisory responsibilities over a staff of 3-5 Accountant-Auditors. As the Audit Supervisor, your role will be critical in assisting the division with achieving the County’s audit goals, and ensure ongoing professional development and training for internal audit staff. This position will oversee and/or conduct special projects, risk-based assurance and consulting services (i.e. financial, operational, compliance and IT), assess the effectiveness of internal controls, recommend cost saving improvements to processes, and provide other related engagements including investigations support.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, Information Technology, Operations Research, Systems/Process Engineering, or directly related; including Possession of a Certified Public Accountant's Certificate OR a Certified Internal Auditor Certificate and:
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in internal or external auditing, including at least two years of supervisory or lead worker experience; or,
- Minimum of two years of experience performing duties equivalent to the class of Accountant-Auditor III in the Internal Auditing Division of Santa Barbara County; or,
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to one of the employment standards listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Additional Qualifications: Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's License may be required.
• Master’s degree
• Governmental and Public sector agency experience
• Deep knowledge of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) for the practice of internal auditing.
• Knowledge of enterprise/operational risk management and information systems.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) credential and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential
• Knowledge of Audit Electronic Work Papers applications, Data Analytics tools and computer assisted auditing techniques (CAAT).
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Annual Salary: $95,414 – $116,482 (DOE/DOQ) – Salary range includes unit cash allowance of $6,149 and comes with an excellent benefits package. This position is eligible for a 5% CPA allowance.
MARK THE DATE – Interviews
• Interviews are scheduled for March 30.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is an open continuous recruitment, however for first consideration apply by March 6.
Online Application: Please attach a resume and cover letter to your application at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sbcounty/jobs/1942064/audit-supervisor?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Questions? Contact your recruiter Wendi Brown at:
• 541-664-0376 – Direct
• 866-929-WBCP – Toll Free
The County of Santa Barbara respects and values a diverse workforce and strongly promotes strategies and activities to recruit, develop and retain qualified persons of varied backgrounds, lifestyles, experiences and races.