Position Summary The person selected for this professional-technical position will develop the annual operating budgets, prepare various financial/statistical reports for both management and regulatory agencies, and coordinate and oversee the processing of all budget documents. The person selected for this position is directly responsible to the Director, Budget Department, Business and Finance Unit. This is a replacement critical position.
- Develops annual operating budgets utilizing input from respective division heads, which includes review and analysis of departmental budgetary requests for accuracy, reasonableness, and adherence to budgetary policy.
- Prepares budget documents, including all ancillary schedules, in compliance with regulatory guidelines and participates in the presentation of the budget to the Clark County School District Board of Trustees.
- Creates and maintains budget coding for all respective units in accordance with the State of Nevada Handbook II regulations and legislative mandates.
- Monitors all funds for compliance with Board-established resolutions.
- Interprets, analyzes, and monitors the impact of legislative issues including new Senate and Assembly bills.
- Develops revenue/expenditure projections, cost analyses, ratio/statistical analyses, market comparisons, and any other information as required by management or outside regulatory agencies.
- Advises management on effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts and development.
- Recommends to all levels of Clark County School District staff; improvements/modifications in budgetary development, operations, and procedures.
- Monitors departmental budgets to ensure that appropriation transfer activities are within state and District budgetary and policy guidelines.
- Assists unit administrators with the management and analysis of their respective budgets, which includes the preparation for and presentation of training seminars relative to budget issues.
- Assists in the development of strategies and preparation of the supporting documentation and statistical data to be used by District management and consultants during legislative funding hearings and labor negotiations.
- Consults with and advises other departments, government agencies, and auditors.
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements changes in financial operating systems and procedures.
- Attends regular Board meetings, Board subcommittee meetings, and District and state conferences relative to financial and budgeting issues.
- Performs other duties related to the position, as assigned.
- Currently serving as a professional-technical employee with the Clark County School District or possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration with a major in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Satisfactory service in a corresponding or related positions, or five (5) years of successful supervisory experience related to the administrative position.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical computations and statistical analysis utilizing a microcomputer.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state and District officials, department heads, and associates.
- Ability to research and analyze statistical data.
- Successful performance in the position held at the time of application.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prepare, review, and interpret financial information, including Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) and State Senate and Assembly bills as they apply to budget and finance.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and organize information received from various divisions relative to budget development.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess effective organizational skills.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Knowledge of Systems, Applications, and Products in Data Processing (SAP).
Salary and Benefits This is a twelve (12)-month position with placement on Range 40 ($72,912 – $97,704) of the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule. Placement will be made in accordance with Clark County School District Regulation 4291 (Placement and Advancement on the Unified Administrative Salary Schedule). Placement higher than Step C ($80,412) shall not be granted to professional-technical employees (non-licensed administrators) new to the Clark County School District except by decision of the Superintendent or designee.
-For current Salary Schedule information, please visit this site: http://www.ccsd.net/employees/resources/pdf/salary-info/admin-salaryschedules-fy2016-2017-arbitrated.pdf -For additional regulation language regarding salary placement, please visit this site: http://www.ccsd.net/district/policies-regulations/pdf/4291_R.pdf
Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) – Information regarding Nevada PERS can be obtained at www.nvpers.org.
Fully-paid employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance. Family policies are also available.
Six (6) personal leave days each year, two (2) days of vacation accrued each month, and fifteen (15) days of sick leave each year.
Application Persons interested in the position and who meet the minimum qualifications should submit the required online application through our web page at http://teachvegas.ccsd.net by 12:00 noon (PST), on Tuesday, December 18,
- To receive consideration in this selection process, the following required materials: three (3) letters of recommendation of which one (1) must be from the applicant’s current supervisor, a current resume, and complete set of college transcripts (copies of official transcripts will be accepted), must be submitted electronically where prompted on the online application no later than the closing date specified above.
Current and previous employers may be contacted for references and applicants for this position are subject to a thorough background investigation. Please direct all questions to the Administrative Services Department at (702)799-5484.
AA/EOE Statement This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.