The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Program Manager classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay. The Finance Department is seeking a Program Manager I in the Revenue Management Division. Under general supervision from the Deputy Director, the Program Manager directs and manages the day-to-day operations for the Utility Billing function of the Revenue Management Division. The Program Manager has one direct report and seven indirect reports and leads the billing and collection function for City facilitated water, solid waste collection, storm sewer, and sanitary sewer services. The Finance Department and its personnel demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork, fiscal responsibility and building lasting partnerships.
The essential duties of the Program Manager I position will also include:
- Supervise all aspects of the Utility Billing function, including resolving customer inquiries and escalations
- Establish job expectations, performing probationary and annual performance appraisals, and managing performance and disciplinary issues
- Lead system implementation teams to define financial and billing functions, document procedures, develop testing scenarios and defining system test criteria
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, and practices and initiate actions for continuous process improvements
- Prepares revenue forecasting, reconciles Utility Billing sub-system to the Financial Management System (FMS) and evaluates reserves for the allowance for doubtful accounts
- Oversee and provide technical advice on issues related to Utility Billing · Coordinate with other City, departments as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field. Experience: Five years of directly related experience, including two years of supervisory experience.