The primary purpose of this position is to work in partnership with County Leadership to develop financial plans, conduct complex analyses, create financial forecasts, detect anomalies, trends, and deviations, and to introduce strategies for improvement.
Essential Functions of the position:
- Drive strategic planning, financial planning, business modeling, forecasting and management reporting activities in partnership with the CFO and Controller.
- Manage and improve the execution of financial analysis within the Finance Department.
- Develop strategic and innovative approaches to financial transparency, accessibility, and communication.
- Support and assist County departments and agencies in the area of financial planning, analysis, monitoring, and improvement.
- Personnel Management: Hire, develop, evaluate performance, provide feedback and disciplinary action as needed; develop and maintain a positive team work environment; provide effective, clear and timely communication.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience: A Master’s degree in finance, accounting, analytics, public administration, business, or other relevant field and preferably two years of experience and/or specific training in financial planning and business/financial data analysis; or a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, analytics, public administration, business, or other relevant field and preferably four years of experience and/or specific training in financial planning and business/financial data analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Additional Training and Experience: Preference given to those having progressively responsible experience in governmental financial planning and administration, including considerable supervisory experience.