GAAFR Supplement (e-book)
Stephen J. Gauthier, Director of GFOAs Technical Services Center and author of Governmental Accounting, Auditing, and Financial Reporting (GAAFR or Blue Book) and numerous other GFOA publications is the author of GFOAs new GAAFR Supplement. There have been several developments affecting accounting, auditing, and financial reporting for state and local governments since the release of the GAAFR in 2012. First, the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) has released four new standards. Second, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) of the Treadway Commission has issued a significantly expanded version of its classic Internal Control-Integrated Framework.
The supplemental link contains the following new material to address those developments:
- A supplement to Chapter 22, Detailed Note Disclosures, which accounts for changes in note disclosure requirements resulting from the issuance of the three new GASB standards;
- A new version of Chapter 23, Pension Benefits, Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB), and Termination Benefits, rewritten to reflect the new guidance on employer accounting for pensions in GASB Statement No. 68, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions;
- A supplement to Chapter 30, Other Specialized Applications, which incorporates the provisions of GASB Statement No. 69, Government Combinations and Disposals of Government Operations, and GASB Statement No. 70, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Nonexchange Financial Guarantees;
- A supplement to Chapter 32, Other Required Supplementary Information (RSI), which addresses employer RSI for pensions consistent with the requirements of GASB Statement No. 68;
- A new version of Chapter 36, Postemployment Benefit Plans, rewritten to reflect the new guidance for pension plans in GASB Statement No. 67, Financial Reporting for Pension Plans; and
- A new version of Chapter 42, The Comprehensive Framework of Internal Control, rewritten consistent with the new and expanded COSO framework.
Please note: To further assist you in using the material, the file settings have been configured to allow purchasers to print a working copy.
The GAAFR Supplement in all its forms is copyrighted by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA). The GFOA does not permit copying or duplication in any form including both written and illustrated matter unless proper permission is obtained from the GFOA.
Copyright © 2014 by the Government Finance Officers Association. All Rights Reserved