BFO 2.0 A Practitioner Forum for Budgeting for Outcomes
| Hosted by |
October 3: 11am to 5pm
October 4: 9am to 5pm
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards (http://www.baberuthmuseum.com)
$50 - Early Registration (Before 8/15/2012)
$75 - Late Registration (After 8/16/2012) • Last Day to Register is 9/28/2012
Note: GFOA is unable to refund registration fees for cancelled registrations
Agenda: Click here to download
HOLIDAY INN INNER HARBOR - BALTIMORE
301 W. Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Group Code: BFO
For reservations call 1 888 HOLIDAY (1 888 465 4329) or visit the link below
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/baltimore/baldt/hoteldetail?groupCode=BFO (click link to reserve room online)
The Future of Budgeting for Outcomes: BFO 2.0
The BFO Forum is not a conference. It’s a small assembly of the key players in performance-based budgeting. Whether you call it budgeting for outcomes (BFO) or something else, we will bring together the experts for a highly participatory gathering to share what’s worked, what hasn’t worked, and set a course for the future of this powerful tool. Together we’ll develop a product - a playbook of sorts - that shares the very best ideas, lays out a vision for the future and how to take BFO to scale in organizations, from the people who do it best.
Who should attend?
Current or former BFO practitioners from local, state, or federal government. The Forum will be most appropriate for staff members who are (or have previously) played a key role in implementing BFO-type programs in their organizations.
Why should you attend?
The community of BFO’ers is relatively small. Most of us have talked on the phone, emailed, and shared ideas on the BFO Network, but there’s never been an opportunity for us to meet like this, in-person, to pool our collective experiences, create a meaningful product, and chart the future together. If you are a BFO practitioner, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to get (re)invigorated to this work with new ideas to implement in your organization.
Join us in Baltimore to take in our world-famous Inner Harbor surrounded by trendy and historic neighborhoods; you’ll see why Baltimore is referred to as Charm City.
- Enjoy an authentic Italian dinner in Little Italy
- Experience the Water Taxi taking it from the National Aquarium to Fells Point
- See a show at the Historic Hippodrome Theater
- Take in art from a different perspective at the American Visionary Art Museum
- See where Francis Scott Key wrote the national anthem, Fort McHenry
- Learn how railroads advanced America’s westward expansion at the B & O Railroad Museum
- Check out the East coast’s largest African-American museum, the Reginald F Lewis Maryland Museum of African American Culture
- Find more fun things to do in Baltimore at http://baltimore.org.