An Update on Trends Impacting Modern Debt Management Practices - January 16, 2013
Course level: Intermediate
CPE credits: 8
Time: 1 day, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Who Will Benefit
Finance professionals responsible for issuing and managing debt.
Government experts and other municipal finance professionals will discuss issues and best practices related to state and local government debt issuance and management. The seminar will highlight information relevant to market conditions and practices, as well as new regulatory initiatives and legislative proposals which affect state and local governments that issue municipal securities to meet their jurisdiction’s capital financing needs. Topics of discussion will include:
- Understanding the current interest rate environment;
- Credit enhancements redux;
- Federal tax reform and the threat to tax-exempt bonds;
- New SEC initiatives to regulate issuers of municipal securities and develop new disclosure responsibilities;
- Numerous new regulations affecting the relationships between issuers and their financial advisors and underwriters; and
- Changing market dynamics, including the increased use of bank loans.
This session will provide you with information you can use to enhance your office's debt management practices.
Review of GFOA Debt Management Best Practices and Advisories.
The seminar will cover all of the following topics:
- Interest rate environment: What it Means for Debt Financing and Refundings
- New Regulatory Landscape Affecting How a Bond Transaction is Developed and Managed
- SEC Wanting to Mind Our Store: SEC initiatives to regulate issuers and increase issuer disclosure responsibilities credit ratings
- Loans, enhancements, and letters of credit: what works in the new world?
Registration formRegister online