Practitioners Guide to Budgeting for Outcomes (BFO) - February 13, 2012
Prerequisites: What is BFO?
Course level: Basic
CPE credits: 8
Who Will Benefit:
This course is designed for budget managers, analysts, and other finance staff responsible for managing their organization’s budget process. Attendees will pick up practical tips from experts who have successfully implemented budgeting for outcomes.
This course is intended to provide practical advice for overcoming common challenges in implementing budgeting for outcomes. From structuring the process, to selecting staff for results teams, to soliciting quality offers from departments, instructors will share their success stories and secrets for how to succeed at implementing budgeting for outcomes.
Specific topics that will be addressed include:
- How to incorporate public participation
- How to involve key stakeholders in the process
- How to work with departments to get good offers that focus on collaboration and innovation
- Incorporating performance management
- Presenting the budget
- How to customize the BFO process to fit the organizational culture
- Understand how to successfully implement budgeting for outcomes
- Learn how to build effective results teams
- Discuss strategies for overcoming challenges in implementing BFO
- The State and Local Government Performance Management Sourcebook
- A Performance Management Framework for State and Local Government: From Measurement and Reporting to Management and Improving
GFOA member: $370 Nonmember: $550