Implementing Stat Systems: August 6, 2013
Group Internet-based course
Course level: Intermediate
CPE credits: 2
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Who Will Benefit
This session is designed for budget managers, finance officers, and others interested in learning more about using performance management to drive accountability and organizational learning to improve outcomes. The focus of this webinar will be on implementing a “stat” style system of performance management.
With a “Stat” system, department heads and representatives meet regularly with executive officials to discuss performance data and develop strategies to improve or sustain the performance of each participating department. Meetings enable department heads, staff, and executive officials to review and analyze measurements of department performance and efficiency. This webinar will discuss lessons learned and effective implementation strategies for getting an organization focused on data. Speakers will discuss the role of training, the level of resource required, the use of technology, and the importance of executive support and vision. Organizations have implemented “stat” systems in a variety of ways and different case studies will be featured.
This session will provide practical approaches for implementing a stat system in both a large and small government.
- Identify the purpose of a stat system and common elements of all effective stat systems
- Learn from other organizations that have successfully implemented stat systems
- Develop strategies for overcoming implementation resistance
- Learn tips and tricks to make a stat system fit your organizational culture and leadership style
- Identify key prerequisites for a stat system to be effective
- A Performance Management Framework for State and Local Government: From Measurement and Reporting to Management and Improving
- The State and Local Government Performance Management Sourcebook
GFOA member: $85 Nonmember: $160