Practitioner’s Guide to Budgeting for Outcomes (BFO): August 27, 2013Group-live course
Prerequisites: What is BFO?
Course level: Basic
CPE credits: 8
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Who Will Benefit
This course is designed for budget managers, analysts, and other finance staff members who are responsible for managing their organization’s budget process. Attendees will receive practical tips from experts who have successfully implemented budgeting for outcomes.
This course will provide practical advice for overcoming common challenges in implementing budgeting for outcomes. From structuring the process, to selecting staff for results teams, to soliciting quality offers from departments, instructors will share their success stories, strategies, and secrets for succeeding at implementing BFO.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
- How to incorporate public participation
- How to involve key stakeholders in the process
- How to work with departments to get good offers aligned with the public’s priorities
- How to incorporate performance measures into BFO
- How to present the budget
- How to customize the BFO process to fit your organization’s culture and resources
- Understand each step in successfully implementing budgeting for outcomes
- Learn how to build effective results teams
- Take away strategies for overcoming challenges in implementing BFO
- The State and Local Government Performance Management Sourcebook
- A Performance Management Framework for State and Local Government: From Measurement and Reporting to Management and Improving
GFOA member: $370 Nonmember: $550