Reference Library | Budgeting and Fiscal Policy
GFOA Recommended Practices
Sample Illustrations & Policies
GFOA Publications & Products
Leading Organizations & Web sites
Budget Organizations and Projects
- A major portion of this web site is devoted to a description of the Federal budget process. Career information for budget analysts, frequently asked questions and answers about the federal budget, is also posted at
- Has a library with over 100 documents and related web sites. Subject areas of particular interest to GFOA members include municipal and state budgets, public expenditure management, and taxation and revenue issues.
- Features links to State GFOA web sites, software firms for financial systems solutions, and national associations.
- The ICMA Center for Performance Measurement is dedicated to helping local governments measure, compare, and improve municipal service delivery.
- Adds value to public sector and private sector enterprises through the exchange of ideas and insights on performance management, measurement, and improvement.
On-line Discussions Dedicated to Performance Measurement
- The Public Risk Management Association is a nonprofit association offering risk management educational programs, management information, and publications to people involved in public sector risk management.
- The Institute's clearinghouse links to hundreds of resources in risk management, disaster management, and environmental liability management.
- PARMA is a forum that promotes, develops and facilitates, education and leadership in public agency risk management. http://www.parma.com/
- The mission of the Association of Governmental Risk Pools is to unite the pooling community to achieve excellence in pooling management, operations and services.
- RIMS serves its member entities by proactively providing the highest quality products, services and information to manage all forms of business risk.
Long-term Financial Planning