Reference Library | Treasury and Investment Management
GFOA Best Practices
Sample Policies and Other Documents
GFOA Publications & Products
Leading Organizations & Web sites
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) provides information relevant to global capital markets, including the fixed income market. The site provides numerous links to Internet sites created by securities firms, banks, other financial institutions governmental entities, and vendors that provide information to investors and the financial industry.
Data on the Economy and Financial Markets
- BEA Regional Facts
- This section of the BEA Web site produces computer-generated narrative profiles of states, counties, and metropolitan areas using personal income and industry data.
- The Beige Book, The Federal Reserve Board
- Summarizes regional economic activity in the 12 Federal Reserve districts. Includes information on regional labor market conditions and prices. It also contains summaries of key sectors within each region such as retail trade, manufacturing, services, construction and real estate, banking and finance, and agriculture. The Beige Book provides economic information in a narrative format. It is updated every one to two months.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics is the principal federal agency for fact-finding in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. This Web site contains data on employment, productivity, wages, earnings, inflation, as well as demographics, business costs, industries, other statistics, and links to other statistic resources.
- Livingston Survey, The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
- A bi-annual survey of 31 economists from industry, government, banking, and academia. Contains two-year forecasts of GDP, corporate profits, industrial production, producer prices, CPI, average weekly earnings, retail trade, housing starts, automobile sales, unemployment, prime rate, 3-month Treasury bill, 30-year Treasury bond, and stock prices. Also contains ten-year forecasts of the GDP and CPI.