Debt Management Web Resources
Leading Organizations & Web sites
- The Bond Buyer
- The Bond Buyer is a subscriber-based daily newspaper committed to serving the municipal bond industry. Provides market coverage, commentary, a daily new-issue calendar, and statistical data.
- Municipal Securities Rule Making Board (MSRB)
- The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board develops rules regulating securities firms and banks involved in underwriting, trading, and selling municipal securities- bonds and notes issued by states, cities, and counties or their agencies to help finance public projects.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- NABL members are lawyers who provide expert legal advice and objective legal opinions with respect to the validity and tax-exemption of state and local government debt offerings.
- National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA)
- NFMA is a not-for-profit association with the goals of promoting professionalism in municipal credit analysis and providing an informed perspective in the formulation of legal matters relating to the municipal finance industry.
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- SIFMA's missions is to champion policies and practices that benefit investors and issuers, expand and perfect global capital markets, and foster the development of new products and services. Fundamental to achieving this mission is earning, inspiring and upholding the public’s trust in the industry and the markets.
Bond Rating Agencies
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- The Securities and Exchange Commission lists Nationally Recognized Municipal Securities Information Repositories (NRMSIRs) and State Information Repositories (SIDs) for bond disclosures.