Since 1964, the Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association, or MnGFOA, has served as the premier professional organization representing governmental finance and accounting professionals at cities, counties, school districts, and state agencies.
Our members include: Finance Officers, Accountants, Auditors, Financial Analysts, and other professionals dedicated to managing governmental financial activities. The MnGFOA includes over 500 members representing 200 different government entities and consulting partners.
Excellence and Leadership in Government Finance
To promote excellence and leadership in the government finance profession by providing quality educational opportunities, avenues for sharing knowledge, recognition of members outstanding accomplishments, and by upholding high professional and ethical standards.
To assert leadership in the field of governmental finance administration in the State of Minnesota as developed and recommended by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada, the National Council on Governmental Accounting, Government Accounting Standards Board, and other recognized authorities in the field of governmental administration which includes:
- The development of mutually understandable procedures of accounting, budgeting and financial reporting
- The encouragement of the use of common terminology, classification and principles in regard to those subjects
- The encouragement of recruitment and training of qualified public officials and employees
- The achievement of greater efficiency in governmental service
- The development of mutual understanding among those concerned with public finance in Minnesota
- The accomplishment of other objectives of interest to public finance officers.