(Chicago, Illinois – October 25, 2016) Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) will host its 111th Annual Conference, May 21-24, 2017, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado. Registration for the event is open on GFOA’s website (www.gfoa.org).
The conference is expected to bring together thousands of public finance professionals through:
- concurrent sessions from Sunday through Wednesday
- general sessions on Monday and Tuesday mornings
- discussion groups and networking opportunities held throughout the conference
- a welcome reception on Sunday night
- an exhibit hall open Sunday through Tuesday
- a closing event on Tuesday night
Sessions will examine a wide variety of topics, such as accounting, auditing, and financial reporting; budgeting; capital planning; debt management; pension and benefit administration; and treasury and investment management.
Public-sector practitioners can take advantage of participating in full- or half-day preconference seminars on the Friday and/or Saturday before the start of the conference. This year’s topics include:
- FastTracks Project Tour and Lessons Learned
- Alliance for Excellence in School Budgeting
- The Role of Leadership, Technology, and Finance in a Resilient Government
- Building Your Professional Network
- Cost, Risk, and Customer Service: Managing an Effective Revenue Collection Function
- Personnel Budgeting
- Essentials of Debt Issuance
- Managing Small Teams
To keep with GFOA’s commitment to the government finance profession, GFOA’s Executive Board is pleased to announce that 50 scholarships will be awarded per state or province in the amount of the full-conference registration fee to first-time annual conference attendees who are GFOA active government members. If interested in applying for the scholarship, candidates should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The annual conference gives participants an opportunity to earn more than 20 CPE credits with additional credits available for preconference sessions. The conference is one of the most broad-ranging educational opportunities in the public finance field.
For more information about preconference seminars and conference events or on how to join GFOA, please contact:Government Finance Officers Association 203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700 Chicago, IL 60601-1210 Phone: 312/977-9700 Fax: 312/977-4806 E-mail: email@example.com
For information about what to do while in Denver, visit www.denver.org/gfoa.