The Government Finance Officers Association's Federal Liaison Center in Washington, DC is looking for a dynamic, bright and experienced full-time Senior Associate to join our team. Primary duties of this position include legislative and regulatory advocacy on behalf of our members. The ideal candidate should have experience in working state or local government finance or federal advocacy on behalf of state and local government. Exceptional writing, coalition building and interpersonal skills are desired.
GFOA is the premier association of public-sector finance professionals, representing over 18,600 state/provincial and local finance officers in the United States and Canada.
Please send resumes to: Emily S. Brock.
- Lead GFOA’s coalition and grassroots advocacy efforts in the areas of public pensions, internet sales tax and federal preemption legislation and healthcare reform, and support Federal Liaison Center Director on legislative and regulatory advocacy related to tax reform, infrastructure investment and federal appropriations and budget legislation
- Staff one of GFOA’s seven standing committees, Women’s Public Finance Network and Black Caucus, and staff the GFOA’s annual conference and winter meeting
- Lead in developing web-resources for GFOA’s website
- Serve as liaison to the State and Local Legal Center
- Work with other GFOA in implementing GFOA’s programs including training, best practice development, member to member networking and other GFOA strategic priorities
Qualifications and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of issues facing state and local finance officers
- Working knowledge of federal legislative and regulatory process preferred
- Strong research and writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize many tasks and communicate effectively
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of the impact of federal legislation and regulation on state and local governments
- Candidates who possess working knowledge in the public bond market and bond issuance process may also be considered.
GFOA is an equal opportunity employer.