This course will benefit project managers, project team members, or other staff tasked with leading, coordinating, or participating in an ERP procurement or implementation. This two-day class will provide an overview of topics related to ERP readiness, ERP procurement, and ERP implementation.
This course will provide an overview of the keys to success for an ERP implementation project and tips for selecting an ERP vendor. Based on the lessons learned and past experiences of hundreds of other public-sector organizations, GFOA will present recommendations on how an organization can better prepare for an ERP project, identify the right vendor for both software and implementation services, and effectively manage the transition of both business processes and software.
The class will identify critical steps that all governments should be doing as part of the system selection and BEFORE contracting with a software or implementation vendor and how to ensure quality throughout the implementation to best position their organization for success.
Those completing this seminar will be able to:
- Learn what to expect from an ERP project
- Identify current market trends
- Learn how to develop an RFP that attracts competitive proposals
- Learn what makes for a successful project and how to avoid common mistakes
- Identify criteria for selecting an ERP system
- Develop strategy for incorporating requirements into demos, the contract, and an overall quality assurance plan for the project
- Understand key issues with contract negotiations