Finance officers, budget staff and other individuals responsible for preparing the budget document for a government.
This Internet-training course provides an overview of each of GFOA’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award Program’s 27 criteria, using practical examples drawn from the thousands of budget documents submitted to the program. The budget document, serving as a critical planning, communication, and accountability tool, contains a wealth of information. The speaker will provide practical tips on how to convey your message effectively and communicate your government’s budget information.
Those completing this seminar will be able to:
- Understand how a budget document can be used as a policy manual, operations guide, financial plan, and communication tool
- Learn effective strategies for communicating financial information to the public, elected officials, and other stakeholders
- Combine key information from both the capital and operating budget
- Develop effective departmental and program summaries for the budget document
- Display information about organizational structure and positions
- Utilize performance measures in budget presentation
For further study go to the Budget Awards home page.