Finance staff, new chief financial officers, and those who are responsible for their entity’s debt management.
Participants will be provided with the tools and techniques needed to understand issuing and managing their jurisdiction’s debt.
An overview of the types of debt instruments available (tax-exempt/taxable; fixed/variable rate), pledging responsibilities, IRS regulations, and the use of market data will be addressed. Additionally, the course will review the opportunities for refunding, and how to determine when refunding makes the most economic sense.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the various debt instruments available to state and local governments
- Develop effective policy guidelines for debt management
- Bring awareness to using and hiring outside finance professionals
- Understand issuer disclosure responsibilities
- Get the most out of rating agency presentations