Enhance Your Conference Experience with GFOA's Mobile App
Download the new “GFOA Conference” mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store. You can add sessions to your calendar, browse our sponsors and exhibitors, access GFOA’s Fiscal First Aid Resource Center, and more! Please note that you cannot stream Virtual Conference sessions through the mobile app. All activity will take place on GFOA's Virtual Conference platform site, which was e-mailed to registrants.
Join the Conversation
Share your conference experience with us on social media and follow along with what others are saying. On Twitter, use the hashtag #GFOA or #GFOA2020. We’ll be scrolling comments on the screen during our Virtual Conference.
- Why a Virtual Conference?
It is important we all do the right thing and practice social distancing to beat COVID-19. This doesn’t mean that you have to put your professional development and engagement with your colleagues on hold. We can connect virtually with the high quality programming you’ve come to expect from GFOA. You will be able to attend sessions on familiar core topics like accounting, budgeting, treasury management, and debt. The virtual conference will also provide programs to bring you the tools and skills you need to steer your jurisdiction through the pandemic. Since you can’t attend GFOA’s 114th Annual Conference, we are bringing the conference to you!
- When will the Virtual Conference take place?
The opening session will take place on May 18, 2020, and will include GFOA’s annual business meeting followed by a keynote panel discussion on issues important to your organization in this evolving environment. Concurrent sessions will then take place several times a week through June 26, 2020.
- What are the Virtual Conference session offerings?
- Will there be opportunities for vendors to showcase their products and services during the Virtual Conference?
- How do I register for the Virtual Conference?
- I was registered for GFOA’s 114th Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, and have not yet contacted GFOA about my conference plans. What should I do?
To transfer your registration to the Virtual Conference or to request a refund for the New Orleans conference, click here.
- I was registered for GFOA's 114th Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, and have transitioned to the virtual conference. Do I need to do anything else?
Your registration is set!
- How do I view the Virtual Conference?
All you need is an internet connection to join.
All activity will take place on GFOAvirtual.elevate.commpartners.com.
On the day of your activity, you will need to go to this landing page and log into the system with your first name, last name, registered e-mail address, and the password GFOAvc2020. After log-in, it is recommended you change your password as your experience and credit will be unique to your registration.
The landing page content is being built and GFOA will activate the site prior to the start of the conference on Monday, May 18, with the annual business meeting.
We recommend visiting the site on Friday, May 15, to log into the system and familiarize yourself with the layout and content.
All of the sessions, course material, discussion group/interaction, and CPE certificates will be housed in your account on this landing page.
- How will I receive an invoice or confirmation that I am registered for the Virtual Conference?
Confirmations and invoices will be sent to attendees as PDF attachments via e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this address to your allowed senders list.
- I am interested in becoming a GFOA member at the same time that I register for the conference? How do I do that?
If you join GFOA at the same time that you register for a seminar, you may enroll at the lower member rate. Please submit the conference registration form. Include your membership fee with your registration payment, and you can reduce your seminar fee by an additional $25. E-mail GFOA’s membership department for information on membership fees.
- Do you allow for substitutions?
Substitutions (government entities only): A one-for-one substitution of a nonmember for an active government member is allowed. If your organization has a current GFOA member on staff who is not participating in the virtual conference, a nonmember may attend in their place at the member rate. You must provide the member number and/or name of the GFOA member on the registration form. Nonmembers (from the private sector) cannot substitute for associate members.
- Are there any discounts when registering more than one person?
Group discounts are not offered on registration for the Virtual Conference.
- When will I receive my CPE certificate?
CPE certificates will be housed in your account on GFOAvirtual.elevate.commpartners.com. The certificate verifies that you attended the program and it should be kept with your CPE documents.
- What is the refund and cancellation policy?
Request for refunds received prior to May 15, 2020, will be refunded in full. No refunds will be granted after May 15, 2020. Cancellation notices must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Is the CPFO program still being updated?
- Do you have a question that is not on this list?
Keep watch to this page for more questions-and-answers to be added. If you want to reach out to GFOA staff members, complete the form here.