The government finance officer often goes unnoticed, but in many situations is the unsung hero.
Government finance officers serve their organizations by managing day-to-day accounting operations, balancing the budget, establishing financial policies and behind-the-scene roles that improve their communities. In times of a crisis, finance officers demonstrate leadership and strength by taking active steps for recovery and renewal to move their government and community forward. For the first time, GFOA would like to publicly recognize these influencers through a new program. We seek nominations of such champions who have impacted their community in a time of financial, natural, or human-made crisis.
Those persons selected will be recognized at the annual business meeting of GFOA’s 114th Annual Conference in New Orleans.
- Please complete the application below.
- Nominees must be GFOA government members.
- You can nominate yourself or a colleague.
Applications are due on April 3, 2020
- Recognition will be given in honor of demonstrated leadership during a time of financial, natural, or human-made crisis.
- A team composed of GFOA’s Executive Board members will review the applications and choose the recipients.