- PMO Business Analyst Department: Executive/Business Systems
- Reporting Relationship: Business Sys/Transf. Manager Status: Exempt
- Grade: 45
- General Responsibilities:
PMO Business Analyst to participate in the ERP SAP CRB Implementation in addition to supporting the SAP Financial (FI) operation. Proven communication and problem solving skills to guide and assist internal customers and IT staff on issues related to the design, development and deployment of mission-critical ERP software. Must foster a strong team environment and possess excellent communication skills to effectively work in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop business applications, enhancements, interfaces, and reports.
- Work with business process owners to develop robust and complete technical specifications.
- Work with business process owners to develop unit, integration and regression test scenarios.
- Adopt best practices in all aspects of SAP application.
- Articulate design options with functional and technical counterparts.
Participate in discussion forums site in support of functional change collaboration for resolution.
- Research issues on OSS and SCN forums.
- Maintain technical design documentation on all development objects using word and excel.
- Manage the promote-to-production process for technical objects by creating testing plans and training for end users.
- Provide production support when required.
- Review and test system upgrades and coordinate with impacted departments to minimize impact to productivity to the users. Manages downtime of the systems.
- Monitor and maintain production and test environments.
- Escalate cross functional issues and/or significant technical challenges as appropriate.
- Respond to end user issues; Help Desk problem tickets.
- Manage the work of consultants in support of the SAP functional changes.
Oversees the priorities for the team.
- Perform other duties assigned.
BS Degree in Accounting or Information Systems with in-depth knowledge of GAAP and Reporting.
Experience: Five plus years of experience with SAP ISU functional solutions architecture and system design, configuration, customization, integration, testing and support. Experience in FICA configuration on Main/Sub, Payment hierarchy, Clearing rules, Dunning, Security Deposits, Payment Clearings, Open item management, Tax, Installment plans, Returns, Refund Process, Write offs. Knowledge of the core and supporting tables of FI, CO, AM, FM, and GM to understand how documents are posted in the database. Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management and Financial modules in SAP. Strong problem solving abilities; strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multitask. Ability to provide after-hours production support on a rotating basis.
Direct Reports: NONE.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
SAP Financials – Contract Accounting
COMPENTENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical • Synthesizes complex or diverse information; • Collects and researches data; • Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Business Acumen • Understands business implications of decisions; • Displays orientation to profitability; • Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; • Aligns work with strategic goals.
Quality Management • Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; • Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. • Applies feedback to improve performance; • Monitors own work to ensure quality Strategic Thinking • Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; • Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; • Analyzes market and competition; • Identifies external threats and opportunities; • Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Innovation • Displays original thinking and creativity; • Meets challenges with resourcefulness; • Generates suggestions for improving work; • Develops innovative approaches and ideas; • Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Judgment • Displays willingness to make decisions; • Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; • Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; • Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; • Makes timely decisions. Professionalism • Approaches others in a tactful manner; • Reacts well under pressure; • Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; • Accepts responsibility for own actions; • Follows through on commitments.
Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard Communication skills using the spoken word Ability to see within normal parameters Ability to hear within normal range Ability to move about
Moderate Noise (business office).