The Position The City of Lathrop is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager. The incumbent is expected to plan, organize and manage assigned Finance related activities including complex accounting functions, oversee the work of assigned staff and perform the more complex professional accounting duties in the areas of general ledger, debt management, collections, cash reconciliation, payroll, fixed assets and purchasing. In the absence of the Director of Finance, this position assumes full responsibility for department activities. In addition, the incumbent is expected to assist the development team with development related issues that may include fiscal impact analysis, Special Districts and debt issuance.
Essential Functions May include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, organizes and manages the assigned Finance related activities; oversees the work of assigned staff and performs the more complex professional accounting duties in the areas of general ledger, debt management, collections, cash reconciliation, payroll, fixed assets and purchasing.
- Assist the Development Team with development related issues including Fiscal Impact Analysis, Special District Formations, and Debt Issuance.
- Participates in the preparation and administration of the Finance Department and Information Systems budgets; submits budget recommendations; monitors expenditures; reviews and inputs requests for budget transfers; makes recommendations regarding staffing, equipment and facility needs.
- Assists in administering cash management; maintains appropriate cash levels for the City’s daily operations; reviews reconciled bank statements and Treasurer’s Reports; administers the City’s Internet banking services.
- Assists in administering debt; ensures timely debt payments; maintains reserve fund requirements; processes property owner prepayments and early bond calls; ensures compliance for continuing disclosure; administers Assessment Districts.
- Prepares and approves general ledger and subsidiary accounting entries; assists in the completion of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; prepares and presents City Manager Reports for Council meetings.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the collection and monitoring of City funds from tax revenues and various City permits and licenses; prepares analytical and statistical reports on operations and activities.
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/local agencies and associations, City management and staff, and the public.
Minimum Qualifications A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess the equivalent of:
- Fours years of increasingly responsible professional accounting experience in the maintenance of financial, fiscal, and related statistical records, including supervisory responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field.
- California Class C Driver’s license.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will be an effective team player, possess strong management skills and have the ability to work with individuals from multiple levels within the organization.
To be considered, applications must be received by Friday, July 19, 2019 at 6:00 pm.