Seeking a Director of Finance and Operations experienced in governmental accounting and project management, for the pension plan for the City and County of Denver, Colorado. The Director works closely with the Executive Director, other members of management, and the Retirement Board to establish and achieve organizational goals.
Full-time, permanent position: 40 hours per week, flexible work schedule options
- Direct all accounting functions involving day to day transactions, AP, staff payroll, investments, and retirement benefits as well as year-end and CAFR preparation, including implementation of new GASB standards and sound internal controls;
- Serve as liaison with the actuary on all related matters (valuation, audits, RBA, contribution rates, etc.);
- Oversee the IT department. Specifically manage the relationship with the third party benefit administration system provider;
- Lead a collaborative process with the Executive Director and Budget Committee to develop annual operating, capital, and building operations budgets. Monitor budgets on an on-going basis;
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic planning initiatives, and champion process improvements across the organization;
- Perform supervisory duties including: hiring, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback, conducting annual performance reviews, assisting with setting goals, and holding team meetings with staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and active Certified Public Accountant license;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in government accounting, project management, and in a supervisor role;
- Ability to communicate information (verbal and written) in a clear and concise manner;
- Strength in attention to detail and data analysis;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Experience with defined benefit pension plans and/or actuarial science preferred but not required.
- Hiring salary $110,000 to $130,000 DoQ;
- Excellent benefits package.
Location: Office in historic mansion in Capitol Hill, near downtown Denver.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Heather Darlington via firstname.lastname@example.org, by September 20, 2019.