The Director of Financial Services is responsible for the organization, operation, and coordination of the Accounting, Payroll, Financial Services and Financial Applications Specialist Team (FAST) Services for Loudoun County Public Schools.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
- Directs and evaluates the activities of the Accounting Supervisor, Payroll Supervisor, FAST Supervisor, and Internal Auditor.
- Directs the administration of accounting and payroll operations, to include the financial system.
- Ensures the management of the payroll system for providing accurate and timely payroll processing, payment of payroll deductions and taxes, and proper internal controls.
- Interprets and implements Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Board Standards (GASB), and Federal, State, and local laws to ensure that the School District’s financial operation and financial reporting is in compliance.
- Administers, monitors, implements, and makes recommendations for the improvement of internal controls, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Provides oversight for the development and publication of the comprehensive annual financial report; performs ad hoc analysis and financial reports as needed.
- Coordinates the annual audit of the centralized funds and the school activity funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Public Administration, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Seven years of experience in a finance, accounting, business in a leadership role; public school system or local government experience preferred
- Demonstrating knowledge of the theory, principles, practices and techniques of budget, finance, and accounting
- Knowledge of research principles and forecasting techniques to include analysis, interpretation, and use of statistics
- Demonstrated professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills to facilitate complex financial analysis
- Strong proficiency with Oracle E-Business Suite, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access