(Chicago, Illinois – April 27, 2018) Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) announced the winners of its 2018 Awards for Excellence in Government Finance. GFOA’s most prestigious award recognizes contributions to the practice of government finance that exemplify outstanding financial management. The award stresses practical, documented work that offers leadership to the profession and promotes improved public finance.
For 2018, GFOA expanded the Awards for Excellence program to also recognize exceptionally well-implemented GFOA best practices in addition to creative solutions to common challenges.
Awards for Excellence winners for Exceptionally Well Implemented GFOA Best Practices include:
- City of Bowling Green, Kentucky - Safeguarding Equipment Assets with the Physical Inventory
- County of San Diego, California - Leveraging GFOA Best Practices in the Strategic Management of Liabilities
- City of Peoria, Arizona Economic - Development Agreement Monitoring System
- City and County of Denver, Colorado - 2017 GO Bond Process: An Inclusive Approach to Public Outreach
- Travis County (Auditor’s Office), Texas - Electronic Form for Related Party Verifications
- City of Kansas City, Missouri - Engaging Residents in KC’s Citywide Business Plan
- City of Thousand Oaks, California - “Your City, Your Priorities" an Exercise in Community Engagement and Public Outreach
- Mecklenburg, North Carolina - Budget Monitoring and Reporting Process
- College of DuPage, Illinois - Budget-in-Brief Publication
Awards for Excellence winner for Creative Solution to a Common Challenge includes:
- City of Seattle, Washington - FileLocal: A Cross Jurisdictional Tax Portal for Business