Infrastructure Week, a non-profit organization, convenes a national week of education and advocacy that brings together American businesses, workers, elected leaders, and everyday citizens around one message in 2018: Americans are waiting. The future won’t. It’s #TimeToBuild. Each year during IWeek, leaders and citizens around America highlight the state of our nation’s infrastructure – roads, bridges, rail, ports, airports, water and sewer systems, the energy grid, telecoms, and more – and the projects, technologies, and policies necessary to make America competitive, prosperous, and safe.
Our bipartisan Steering Committee and nearly 400 affiliates host events, drive media attention, and educate stakeholders and policymakers on the critical importance of infrastructure to America’s economic competitiveness, security, job creation, and in the daily lives of every American. As a business, union, non-profit, government, or an individual who depends on infrastructure, you have an important story to tell. Find a way to participate and tell your fellow citizens and policymakers: We’re tired of waiting. It’s Time to Build. #BuiltbyBonds
- On May 16, 2018 from 8:00 AM–10:15 AM, GFOA will partner with the National Association of Counties (NACo) and the National League of Cities (NLC) to host MUNICIPAL BONDS: THE FOUNDATION AND FUTURE OF INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE. Join GFOA Past President Pat McCoy, GFOA President-Elect Terry Stone, and GFOA Executive Board Member Jamie Nicholson as they discuss the role municipal bonds have played in infrastructure development by providing key examples at the local level and how the municipal bond can continue to be the preeminent tool for building and maintaining our future.
To RSVP for the event, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/municipal-bonds-financing-infrastructure-tickets-46027999987.
- Infrastructure Week Website
- Calendar of Events
- GFOA Municipal Bond Resource Center
- GFOA Capital Planning Resource Center
- GFOA Capital Asset Management Resource Center
- GFOA Debt Management Resources
For more information, please contact: