Past experience working with and basic knowledge of disclosure requirements.
This training is intended to help governments understand their disclosure requirements under federal securities laws, as well as how to develop robust disclosure policies and procedures.
Issuers of municipal securities have numerous disclosure responsibilities related to their bond transactions. This includes mandated filings of annual financial information and material event notices in the MSRB's EMMA system, and other types of voluntary disclosures. Industry experts will discuss these issues as well as recent SEC activities related to disclosure. A review of GFOA's best practices and the importance of developing and maintaining disclosure policies and procedures will also be addressed.
Those completing this seminar will be able to:
- Understand the requirements related to primary market and continuing disclosure
- Develop new or review existing disclosure policies and procedures
- Learn about recent SEC activities related to disclosure
- Review GFOA best practices and disclosure and make voluntary disclosures
- Explore basic and advanced features of the MSRB's EMMA system to assist with making disclosure filings.