3RD ANNUAL BETTER BUDGETING WEB-STREAM SERIES
Each course is a separate topic and stand-alone training session. Attend 1, 2, or all 3 courses!
Participate in all three webinars and earn 4 CPE Credits
|Creating a Budget Aligned with Community Priorities||
Building a Better Budget Office
2:00–3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
2:00–3:00 p.m. (Eastern)
2:00–3:40 p.m. (Eastern)
Thank you for your registering for GFOA’s Third Annual Better Budgeting web-streaming series, using the latest video and audio streaming technology to allow for participants to train from their home or office. In order to best assist you with the registration process and technical concerns, please review the following list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- What topics will this year’s courses cover?
Please see the program brochure.
- What time will the training courses begin?
The web stream will begin at 2:00 pm. (Eastern Time). Please adjust the start of the program to your individual time zone. Participants will be able to begin connecting to the stream 20 minutes before the start of the program. Click here to access a time zone converter.
- Are there breaks built into the training?
Yes, please see the agenda (coming soon) for the schedule.
- Will I be able to interact with the program?
The program will feature interactive polling questions.
- Will there be any tests I need to perform on my computer to make sure the program will run smoothly on the day of the event?
We encourage you to test your computer in advance. To do so, direct your web browser to: http://events.commpartners.com/webcasts/browsertestor/. If you can see and hear the video, your browser is compatible. If not, please contact your IT administrator for assistance.
The test should be completed from the same computer that you will use to view the training. If you are participating with a group of people, only one individual needs to perform the test on the computer that will be used to view the program
We do not want there to be any interruptions on the day of the event. Therefore, we cannot stress enough the importance of working with your IT department immediately if there is a problem with the test.
- I am experiencing technical difficulties. Whom can I contact?
E-mail email@example.com or call the help line at 1-800-274-9390.
A technical FAQ is also available for more in depth troubleshooting.
- When will I receive the presentation slides to follow along with the program?
You will receive the slides via e-mail two days before each course date.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed senders list, or work with your IT department to make sure you receive e-mails from this address in your inbox.
- How do I connect on the day of the training?
You will receive an e-mail notification two days before the start of each course date. (Note, we will continue to send this link out to new participants that register after those dates.) This link will take you to a registration page to collect your information and approve your acceptance into the program.
- Should my registered group view the presentation on multiple computers or should we project it onto a screen for multiple people to watch together?
It is better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the session running on 1 computer in a conference room than to have 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- We have multiple participants sharing one computer; how can we ensure everyone will receive proper credit?
On the registration page, there will be an open text box enabling you to enter multiple participant names. This information will be captured in a report to generate CPE credits. If there were multiple registered participants sharing one computer at your location, please list each individual’s name in this box.
This will be your only opportunity to enter the names of the participants. If you are watching the program alone on your computer, please do not write your name in the text box. Your information has already been captured for CPE credit when you first logged onto the program.
Registration fee is per person and is required regardless of the individual’s need for CPE credit.
- We want to register more participants to our group. How do we go about registering them?
- I am registered for the training but now cannot attend. Can someone from my staff attend in my place?
We allow a one-for-one substitution for government entities only. Please e-mail a written request of the change to training.
- I am unable to participate on the day of the course. Will the program be available to watch at a different time?
Encore presentations of each course will be offered. Please check the brochure for the dates. Please then e-mail training if you want to transfer dates. All requests for date changes received within seven days of the course start date will incur a $25 transfer fee.
- How many CPE credits are available? When will I receive my CPE certificate in the mail?
Up to four CPE credits are available for participation in the series (Field of study: Finance). A CPE certificate will be mailed to each registered individual approximately 2 -3 weeks after the event. Any participant with an outstanding amount due will not receive a certificate until the balance has been settled.
Other questions? E-mail training.