- NEW - Most Recent Award Results Sorted by State/Province: Budget Years Beginning 1/1/2017 (Winners Through March 31, 2018)
- Award Results Sorted by State/Province: Budget Years Beginning 1/1/2016
- The outstanding worksheet highlights the governments that have received three outstanding ratings on any of the individual 27 Budget Awards criteria. The specific criteria are noted where they have received the outstanding rating.
- Award Results Sorted by State/Province: Budget Years Beginning 1/1/2015
- Award Results Sorted by State/Province: Budget Years Beginning 1/1/2014
- Reviewers of Budget Documents During 2017 Calendar Year
- Details on how to become a Participant or Reviewer
For State, School District, and Community College Participants Only. For budgets that have a fiscal year beginning on or after January 1, 2017, please be aware that the format of submission has changed for states, school districts, and community colleges only. The current format will no longer be accepted after that. The new submission format for these different entity types can be found at the following.
School District: http://www.gfoa.org/school-budgeting
Community College: http://gfoa.org/award-programs/award-best-practices-community-college-budgeting
GFOA established the Distinguished Budget Presentation Awards Program (Budget Awards Program) in 1984 to encourage and assist state and local governments to prepare budget documents of the very highest quality that reflect both the guidelines established by the National Advisory Council on State and Local Budgeting and the GFOA's best practices on budgeting and then to recognize individual governments that succeed in achieving that goal.
Documents submitted to the Budget Awards Program are reviewed by selected members of the GFOA professional staff and by outside reviewers with experience in public-sector budgeting. The following links offer access to detailed information on specific aspects of the Budget Awards Program:
Information for participants and potential participants:
- Eligibility requirements
- How to submit a budget document
- Application Form
- Requests for an extension of the submission deadline
- Judging Process
Detailed Location Criteria Guide and Explanation of Criteria
Information for reviewers and potential reviewers:
Vote Page For Budgets