For a complete job description and a downloadable application, please visit the “Employment Opportunities” section at www.fresnoirrigation.com.
High school diploma or GED required. Some college courses preferred. One to three years of relevant experience or training. Must have proof of good driving record as evidenced by freedom from multiple of serious traffic violations or accidents for at least two (2) years duration. Must have solid language, mathematical, computer and clerical skills. Must also have strong reasoning ability.
Under general supervision, performs sub professional accounting work involving application of technical accounting principles and procedures required in the maintenance of an accounting system and performs related work as required. Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. Example duties include:
- Explains assessed values to property owners
- Prepares and maintains current data on each parcel assessed, including maps of boundaries
- Completes and maintains assessment rolls that show the assessed values and status of all property in the District
- Reviews information about transfers of property to ensure its accuracy,
checking basic information on buyers, sellers, and sales prices and making corrections as necessary.
- Identifies the ownership of each piece of taxable property using Real Quest
- Issues notices of assessments
- Prepares purchase orders
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches and reports discrepancies, and submits for payment.
- Prepares checks for payment of district expenses.
- Issues bills, invoices, account statements according to established procedures
- Receives and records cash, checks, and electronic funds transfers (EFTs)
- Prepares bank deposits
- Codes data and documents for input
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry
- Assists employees, vendors, or customers by investigating problems and answering questions
- Monitors status of accounts
- Prepares computer spreadsheets and databases
- Performs general office duties
- Complies with regulations
- Collaborates and interacts with other agencies