Administers School Board's financial reports. Plans, organizes and directs all accounting, payroll, and accounts payable disbursement sections, and internal control functions to properly safeguard Board assets.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Compiles and directs preparation and submission of Annual Financial and the FEFP Program Cost Reports to the State.
2. Compiles and directs preparation and submission of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
3. Compiles and directs preparation and submission of monthly Financial Management Report to the Board.
4. Organizes major quarterly and other annual reports to the State.
5. Directs control over general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
6. Coordinates reporting with Office of Budget.
7. Directs and reviews reconciliation of bank accounts and investments.
8. Directs the operations of Accounts Payable and Payroll departments.
9. Directs and acts as liaison with the Office of Information Technology in implementation of new systems.
10. Serves as liaison and interfaces with auditors for internal and external audits.
11. Develops and provides input relating to policy and procedures.
12. Responds to inquiries related to accounting from all levels.
13. Develops and reviews annual budget for the various locations reporting to the Controller.
14. Interprets the State of Florida laws and regulations governing or affecting the District accounting, financing and reporting.
15. Interprets the Miami-Dade County Schools (M-DCPS) Board Policies and Regulations governing accounting, financing and expenditures.
16. Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Certified Public Accountant-Florida license required. Master's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred.
2. Five (5) years’ experience in financial management/accounting, especially in governmental accounting.
3. Knowledge of and experience with a large scale electronic data processing and control system.
If interested in applying, M-DCPS has implemented a web-based registration and application tool thru e-Recruiting, for new candidates and/or current employees. Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
APPLICATION DEADLINE is Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION dated within one year to your profile.
If there are any questions, please contact Ms. Lourdes Rodriguez, Recruiter at 305.995.1136 or Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director at 305.995.7247.