JOB CHARACTERISTICS Responsible for all duties and functions related to payroll processing for the District. Supports the Business Manager by performing core accounting functions relating to the administration and control of the District financial resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs technical and confidential accounting work in the maintenance of the District’s centralized, computerized payroll system for multiple groups of employees
- Coordinates records and processes all data required to assure the timely disbursement of payroll checks, fringe benefit payments and other related payments
- Prepares District payrolls on a timely basis, maintaining accuracy and conformance with federal/state laws and District policies and contracts
- Prepares and maintains all payroll related files, records and reports
- Responsible for all payroll related duties and functions associated with payroll processing for the District
- Performs activities involved in the maintenance and control of the general ledger.
- Ability to prepare and run general ledger reports, review general ledger for accuracy/completeness, prepare adjusting journal entries for supervisor review and general ledger posting; prepares financial analyses and reconciliations; researches and reviews transactions
- Prepare account reconciliations to ensure the general ledger is balanced and reconciled to subsidiary asset and liability accounts and fund balances and bank accounts
- Assists in annual audit preparation, including supporting analyses and schedules.
- Assists in annual budget preparation and related projections; creates financial reports; monitors, analyzes and reconciles program expenditures
- Assists with preparation and monitoring of federal, state and other grant budgets and related grant reimbursement requests
- Prepares various reports for federal, state, and other governmental agencies to ensure compliance with program, grant or contract requirements