The Business and Operations Manager provides strategic business management and leadership for multiple projects and programs including the operation of the ARJIS Enterprise System. This role manages a broad range of complex administrative functions such as budget preparation and administration, fiscal and business planning, revenue collection, contracts and grants administration, and project management in support of public safety initiatives. This position also collaborates with stakeholders and member agencies, and manages various resources and services to meet customer needs and expectations.
This position is ideal for an experienced program manager with a strong interest in applying his/her expertise to the operation and ongoing administration for ARJIS. We anticipate career development will occur while working on the types of duties and responsibilities described below and through mentoring and close collaboration with agency executives. Examples of primary responsibilities may include:
- Manage the day-to-day business operations for ARJIS; coordinate with staff, member agencies, consultants, and vendors on the design, implementation, expansion, 24/7 operation, and maintenance of systems and services.
- Oversee the management and administration of the ARJIS Enterprise System including user support functions, 24/7 Help Desk operations, problem resolution, customer service, account oversight, needs assessment, software licenses, and billings.
- Oversee the development of the ARJIS Annual Program Budget; monitor and approve expenses and prepare budget reports and coordinate budget and project adjustments as necessary; manage the collection of ARJIS program revenues from member agencies; ensure adherence to project funding requirements.
- Manage the preparation of grant applications, including identification of solutions that meet grant specifications, development of proposal language, budget, schedule, and deliverables; manage grant contracts and reporting responsibilities; liaise with representatives from funding organizations and participating agencies.
- Lead the development of comprehensive business plans or project proposals that include technical designs and specifications, business requirements, possible funding sources, needs assessments, operating costs, partnership and/or revenue opportunities, and program evaluation criteria; develop effective networks and partnerships with key funding agencies to promote service development and generation of contracts/grants.
- Manage multiple projects including project consultants; develop Requests for Proposals (RFPs), participate in the selection of consultants and vendors; ensure project milestones are set and that projects progress on schedule, within budget and at a consistently high-level of quality; identify and assess potential risks to project success; ensure risks are mitigated and contingencies are identified.
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategic initiatives, business methods, policies and procedures to achieve overall goals in support of ARJIS operations and legislative mandates; continuously monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of program components and business strategies.
- Supervise, mentor, train, and provide career development opportunities for a team of professional, technical, and administrative staff.
- Provide complex administrative staff support for the Public Safety Committee (PSC), Chief’s/Sheriff’s ManagementCommittee, and related working groups; oversee the preparation of agendas, reports, and meeting summaries; manage the review and submission of staff recommendations to committees/working groups.
- Establish and foster collaborative strategic and operational working relationships with key stakeholders such as local, state, and federal agencies, member agencies, project partners, consultants, and vendors to advance the ARJIS program.
- Prepare and present written and oral presentations to the Board of Directors, Policy Advisory Committees, member agencies, and other groups.