Please see the following list of Frequently Asked Questions to best assist you with information on GFOA’s new GAAFR Supplement (e-book).
What is an e-book?
E-books are digital, downloadable versions of publications. The GFOA’s e-books can be downloaded and read on a variety of devices, such as a PC, Mac, or mobile device with e-reader applications. Once downloaded, access to the Internet is not required to read e-books. GFOA e-books are digitally rights protected by Adobe® and carry specific use attributes. The file format is EPUB. http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices
Is the GAAFR Supplement available in a printed format?
The GAAFR Supplement is available in an e-book format only to allow readers to easily search the material they need now. The format also allows readers to bookmark passages, take notes in margins, highlight key passages, customize font size (especially useful when reviewing financial information or statistical charts), and link to individual chapters, footnotes, and appendices.
To further assist readers in using the material, the file settings have been configured to allow purchasers to print a working copy.
Am I able to purchase one copy of the GAAFR Supplement (e-book) and share it with others?
The e-book file is only available for download on a single device. For quantity discount prices, please e-mail publications.
Why do I need to authorize my computer with my Adobe ID?
The GFOA's e-books carry digital protection via Adobe® DRM (Digital Rights Management) and are read on e-readers that support Adobe DRM. If you do not have Adobe Digital Editions software installed on your computer, please download the free software now: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html
- If you do not have an Adobe User Account ID, please set up an account to access the licensed file on multiple devices. Please note that the account login and password is different from your GFOA e-store login and password.
- Create an account: https://www.adobe.com/cfusi on/membership/index.cfm?nf=1&nl=1&loc=en_us
- Authorize your computer from within Adobe Digital Editions with the Adobe ID you just created (Select Help Authorize Computer or Ctrl +Shift + U)
- Consult the Adobe website if you have questions about using the software.
- Download the licensed file that will appear.
- Open the license file with Adobe Digital Editions to access your copy of the e- book.
If I submit my order through mail, fax, or e-mail, how do I receive the e-book file?
Once your order is received and processed, you will receive an e-mail from the GFOA eStore with steps on how to download your e-book.
If I purchase the GAAFR Supplement (e-book) through GFOA’s e-store, how do I access the file?
To purchase a copy using the GFOA e-store, log into your e-store account and add the GAAFR (e-book) to your cart. When you have completed your order, click on the “Download Books” tab and follow the instructions to access the e-book file.
I would like to order several copies of the GAAFR Supplement (e-book). What are the quantity prices?
For discounted prices, please e-mail publications.