Newport Beach, CA (Hyatt Regency Newport Beach)
This course is designed for budget managers, analysts, and other finance staff members who are responsible for managing their organizations budget process and others looking to participate in a budgeting for outcomes process. Attendees will receive practical tips from experts who have successfully implemented budgeting for outcomes.
This course will provide practical advice for overcoming common challenges in implementing budgeting for outcomes. From structuring the process, to selecting staff for results teams, to having departments submit quality offers/proposals, to working with elected officials and the public instructors will share their success stories, strategies, and secrets for succeeding at implementing BFO.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
- How to incorporate public participation
- How to involve key stakeholders in the process
- How to work with departments to get good offers aligned with the publics priorities
- How to incorporate performance measures into BFO
- How to present the budget
How to customize the BFO process to fit your organizations culture and resources
- Understand each step in successfully implementing budgeting for outcomes
- Learn how to build effective results teams
- Take away strategies for overcoming challenges in implementing BFO