Orlando, FL (Four Points Orlando Studio City)
Government staff in the planning or acquisition stages or preparing to implement an enterprise resource planning (ERP) project.
The course will focus on preparing attendees to take part in an ERP implementation project, one of the most invigorating, challenging, and frustrating projects government staff can undertake. Participants will learn the different approaches ERP companies use to install systems. Instructors will break down and examine the ERP implementation process from its pre- to post-implementation phases. Customer and vendor expectations will be emphasized and participants will learn how to balance scope, resources, costs and other constraints, and how to manage schedule and work variation. Participants will also learn about factors for successful implementations, including implementation readiness, communications, training, change management, and post-implementation planning.
- Understand the requirements for effective management of each phase of an ERP implementation project
- Understand indicators for risk and need for project plan corrections in each project phase
- Identify critical success factors for ERP implementations
- Learn how to use ERP projects as an opportunity to improve process and implement best practices
- Take advantage of lessons learned with change management
- Identify how to transition out of the project and maintain a successful sytsem