Perform functions to assist Contract Compliance Department to audit compliance with contract terms between FMPA and its plant operators and power supply providers to ensure members are being properly charged for their share of power and to assist external auditors in the performance of the audit of Agency financial statements, making decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
1. Execute activities necessary to evaluate and determine the compliance of third parties with contract terms and to ensure accurate invoicing for costs from third parties associated with FMPAs ownership interest in power plants and electric services from other power supply providers.
2. Interpret contract language and obtain support from service providers and FMPAs engineering department to interpret and analyze current billings. Communicate with accounting and engineering staff regarding any current billing concerns. Verify costs are being billed in compliance with underlying contracts.
3. Create and maintain spreadsheets used to interpret and analyze billings from service providers. Confirm bill components to supporting documentation and alternate source documents. Make certain audit adjustments and billing corrections are properly implemented by service providers.
4. Correspond with service providers on intent to audit. Research prior audits and concerns and prepare audit programs for scope of work.
5. Gather and interpret supporting documentation and records from service provider to execute audit. Analyze details of financial and accounting data and materials for conformity to contract.
6. Communicate audit results to Contract Compliance Manager. Issue a formal audit report to service provider and FMPA Board of Directors. Work cooperatively with service provider to resolve billing issues and audit concerns and to resolve disputed adjustments.
7. Monitor accounting and electric utility industry developments, such as pronouncements of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC), and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and evaluate the possible impact on the associated provider costs and the impact on member billings.
8. Provide assistance to FMPAs external auditors. Provide worksheets, supporting data and necessary procedures for auditors making certain to facilitate understanding of areas of confusion.
9. Fulfill management requests for information and perform any range of special projects as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
2. Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
3. Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and usual peripherals, word processing and operational software programs, and standard office equipment.
Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related field is required
Require 3 - 5 years of internal or financial audit experience.
SOX audit experience required.
Strong financial analysis skills required.
Public accounting firm experience preferred.
CPA, CIA certification is preferred.
Must have strong communication and writing skills.