Newport Beach, CA (Hyatt Regency Newport Beach)
Accounting and financial reporting professionals with at least two years of governmental experience, or who have attended GFOA’s Intermediate Governmental Accounting seminar or an equivalent program.
Anyone involved in preparing or auditing state or local government financial statements.
This seminar examines in detail selected topics in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
Updated to include GASB Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities; GASB Statement No. 86, Certain Debt Extinguishment Issues; GASB Statement No. 88, Certain Disclosures Related to Debt Including Direct Borrowings and Direct Placements; GASB Statement No. 89, Accounting for Interest Cost Incurred before the End of a Construction Period; and GASB Statement No. 90, Majority Equity Interests.
Those who successfully complete this seminar should gain a basic understanding of the appropriate accounting and financial reporting for:
- Capital assets;
- Investments and derivatives;
- Pensions and other postemployment benefits;
- Risk financing;
- Compensated absences;
- Lease accounting;
- Tax abatements;
- Conversion and consolidation;
- Joint ventures and similar arrangements;
- Landfills, pollution remediation, and asset retirement obligations;
- Sales and pledges of receivables and future revenues;
- Government combinations and transfers of operations;
- Nonexchange financial guarantees;
- Service concession arrangements (public/private partnerships – P3’s);
- Arbitrage accounting; and
- Fiduciary activities under GASB Statement No. 84;
- Majority equity interests under GASB Statement No. 90.