Portland, OR (The Benson)
The seminar is designed for state and local government finance directors, treasurers, cash managers, and other finance officers responsible for the treasury management function.
This seminar introduces fundamental cash management strategies and techniques for governments. It covers the important elements of cash collection, disbursement, and reporting. Participants will learn the latest in cash management procedures, policies, and technology. The seminar will also provide tips for getting the most out of your banking relationship and show how to use the RFP process to get better services from your bank and minimize the cost to the government.
- Learn the fundamentals of public treasury management
- Optimize cash collections and disbursements
- Strengthen internal controls and deter check fraud
- Learn how to start and use ACH and EFT services
- Construct cash flow forecasts
- Develop and manage banking relationships
- Evaluate methods of paying for banking services
- Manage deposits for safety and security
- Develop an RFP for banking services
- Learn about and evaluate the newest treasury technology and banking services
Treasury Management Newsletter - GFOA's monthly subscription newsletter