111TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE | MAY 21-24, 2017 | DENVER, COLORADO
Drawing on more than a century of experience, public finance professionals have widely come to view the GFOA Annual Conference as the one truly “must-attend” professional development event of the year. As in the past, the 111th GFOA Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado, will feature unparalleled opportunities for sharing ideas, sharpening skills, discovering new tools and technologies, and networking with peers from across North America and around the world.
- Concurrent sessions. A rich array of concurrent sessions covering a broad range of topics allowing participants to tailor their conference experience to their own needs and circumstances.
- Preconference sessions. Special preconference sessions provide an opportunity to explore selected topics of special interest in even greater depth.
- General sessions. Experience direct contact with nationally recognized speakers of special interest to public finance professionals.
- Discussion groups. Meet peers and discuss topics relevant to specific types of organizations, such as school districts, utilities, large governments, small governments, and the next generation of finance officers.
- Networking opportunities. Make the contacts you need to build new relationships and cement existing relationships.
- Social events. Wind down from a busy day and connect with colleagues during GFOA’s Welcome Reception and Closing Event.
- CPE credit. Earn more than 20 CPE credits, most of it directly relevant to government, with even more credits available for those who elect to participate in preconference sessions.
- Exhibit hall. GFOA’s exhibit hall will put participants in contact with vendors that offer practical tools and solutions for a broad range of professional challenges. Stroll through the hall to view new products, ask questions, and see live demonstrations of services that can save your government time and money. Join us on Sunday morning to kick off this year’s hall with music and a ribbon cutting ceremony! Watch for new events in the exhibit hall!
Registration is now open
- First-Time Annual Conference Attendee Scholarship:
GFOA’s Executive Board will be awarding fifty scholarships per state or province to first-time annual conference attendees who are GFOA active (government) members. The scholarship waives the conference registration fee to give those individuals who have never attended a GFOA conference an opportunity to do so. For information on how to apply for a first-time conference attendee scholarship, please e-mail First Annual Conference Scholarship.
Schedule of Events
- Preconference Seminars: May 19-20, 2017
- Concurrent Sessions and Networking Groups: May 21-24, 2017
- Welcome Reception: May 21, 2017
- Exhibits: May 21-23, 2017
- Denver Rocks! Closing Event: May 23, 2017
The above events (unless otherwise noted) will be held at the Colorado Convention Center, 700 14th Street, Denver, Colorado 80202. Concurrent sessions will begin at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday and conclude at 12:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Reserve your room in GFOA’s official hotel block and you’ll have a great opportunity to network with other conference attendees outside the Colorado Convention Center.
Experient will be the official housing company for this event. Booking through GFOA’s official housing provider will ensure that attendees receive the GFOA discounted rate and are working with a reputable company. Click here to read more about hotels and reserve your room.
See You in Denver!
World-class attractions. Natural wonders. A thriving arts scene. Dozens of innovative and acclaimed restaurants. Nightlife options galore. The word is getting out - Denver's got it all. While you're here, you owe it to yourself to discover the best that the Mile High City has to offer. Check out some customized itineraries, explore a few locals' favorites and transform your time in Denver into a vacation you'll never forget.
For more information on Denver, please visit www.denver.org/gfoa/